Engage PR seeks a driven and tenacious PR Supervisor, Media Relations Specialist (PRSMRS) to join our energetic and incredibly witty virtual team! Engage PR is a premier public relations agency whose integrated approach to communications, creativity, experience, and passion builds mind share for technology companies, enabling critical connectivity today.
We are growing fast. Engage PR team members play an active role in every aspect of account teams and shaping the agency. This role is 100% remote, work anywhere in the US. We believe flexible working conditions give our team the freedom to do their best work from wherever they are. Bring your best self to work and feel supported. Our agency reflects our dynamic global technology clients.
The PRSMRS position will play a critical role within the Engage PR team, driving the development and implementation of client’s communications strategy in collaboration with relevant stakeholders. The PRSMRS will serve as a liaison between the company and the account teams, reporting to the agency’s Account Manager and Strategist. A PRSMRS is responsible for ensuring the company voice is observed, focusing on best practices, communication amongst the teams and effective ways of working. A PRSMRS is also responsible for employment of client campaigns through creation and execution of overall strategy. S/he will assist in the oversight of all Public Relations and Social Media for clients and will be responsible for raising clients’ brand awareness through print and online public relations outreach. S/he will oversee daily client interaction, press outreach and have direct reporting responsibility for the media relations team.
This role is 100% remote, work anywhere in the US. We believe flexible working conditions give our team the freedom to do their best work from wherever they are. Bring your best self to work and feel supported. Our agency reflects our dynamic global technology clients.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Act as team leader daily, working closely with senior account leaders to ensure the agency is meeting client goals and ensuring adherence to company practices and standard
- Have a broad business understanding, strong analytical abilities, and critical, creative thinking; engage off- and online audiences, and tell complex stories in an easily digestible way
- Oversee teams in managing various communications strategies in alignment with client objectives; identify and resolve when strategies aren’t working, or the situations change
- Contribute expertise in the areas of media and online engagement and public relations outreach to client’s overall strategic planning and interact with the media directly
- Demonstrate commitment to industry, agency and clients by mastering industry knowledge and trends, understanding and clients’ business
- Review the team’s evaluation activities to determine the success of communications strategies
- Stay up-to-date on relevant news and current trends in media
- Maintain and maximize relationships with high-level national print, online, and broadcast media, pitching, writing and securing media coverage alongside the teams
- Maintain regular and proactive communication with client/s and media to ensure client satisfaction
- Attend client meetings as appropriate to assess the progress of the PR campaign
- Oversee all written materials, such as client agendas, media alerts, event briefs, call sheets, etc.
- Evaluate client’s asset base regularly to assist the team with identifying story angles as well as undertaking proactive media engagement, including writing or reviewing press releases and pitching feature articles
- Leverage relationships with contacts at relevant regional & national print, broadcast and online journalists and bloggers (both business and trade)
- Act as liaison and respond to all media inquiries in a timely and accurate manner; arrange media interviews for client’s and draft briefing documents for them when appropriate
- Brief journalists as required and draft reactive statements and letters to editors
- Arrange media interviews for client’s and draft briefings for them when appropriate
- Relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients, and the media at trade shows
- Ensure that all client media coverage is recorded for dissemination to key stakeholders
Content Creation, Management:
- Positively influence public opinion around client’s brand; ensure that all client messaging and media outreach are in the client’s brand voice
- Oversee content calendar to ensure integrates with the rest of client’s marketing plans
- Oversee development of client’s key messages/campaign messaging
- Oversee staff responsible for updating and developing client’s presence on social media networks, including the content calendar, ensuring adherence to the brand voice and relationship building with social media influencers and potential partners
Communications Team / Client Management:
- Undertake the monitoring and evaluation activities to determine the success or otherwise of communications strategies
- Show an aptitude for thinking creatively, sharing, and encouraging ideas with teams and clients
- Monitor client documents to consistently evolve with changing goals, milestones, and achievements, as well as making sure account teams are pitching appropriately and regularly
- Collaborate with integrated teams and attend client meetings to provide counsel and seamless project management
- Act as the client’s main point of contact on behalf of Engage PR, overseeing day-to-day communication from team
- Responsible for overseeing ongoing status updates and weekly/monthly reports with detailed project updates, results, and significant developments
The ideal Public Relations Supervisor, Media Relations Specialist candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the fast-paced media world and also must be professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player and possess a drive for results. S/he should have strong skills in leadership, critical thinking and organization, effective team management capabilities, the ability to plan and strategize at a senior level, attention to detail and budgetary restraints, significant experience in professional client relationship management, outgoing entrepreneurial energy, strong decision-making and analytical skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to think strategically and creatively, the ability to multi-task, excellent ability to prioritize tasks and manage them in an orderly manner, a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves, self-motivated with a passion for communications and marketing. S/he would preferably have experience and knowledge of B2B technologies, security, telecom, or enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications
- 5-6+ years of relevant experience in communications and/or public relations. Experience and knowledge of B2B technologies, security, telecom, or enterprise is preferred
- Media contacts (telecom, tech, national media and bloggers)
- Exceptional written communications skills, with the ability to adapt style to suit different communications media and audiences
- Enthusiasm for new opportunities presented by blogging and social media
- Demonstrable experience in communicating complex and nuanced issues to the media
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative approach to communications and branding
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team, and willingness to ‘pitch in’ as required
- Ability to prioritize and assist multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-oriented environment while paying attention to detail
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Cision required.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com